About Me

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Bucket List Report Item Four: Scar Removal


We're almost done with the bucket list reports (see reports 1, 2+3 at these links). It is time to reveal the results from my most recent attempts to remove my acne scars.

Previously I had found an oatmeal mask on Pintrest. Here it is again:


I've gone ahead and done the course of using the mask for the full four month program. And I took notes as well as pictures, which I'm really glad I did.

At the beginning, my face was a lot more sensitive to the cinnamon in the mask so I did a layer of aloe to help cool down the redness. That lessened as the weeks went by, but I suspect that may have been because the potency of the mix may have lessened as it sat in the fridge for a couple weeks. The consistency of the mask also became more thick. 

So after the first month of doing the mask every week, I went ahead and made a fresh batch of the mask. That brought the potency (read: redness and burning sensation) back. If I ever do this mask again I think I will make smaller batches to keep it fresh for all the applications.  

The third month brought the beginning of our Whole30 diet, which was pretty good timing to get that Before picture. It was less than a week into the diet and I had already noticed that I was having less new spots showing up and healing was already happening. 

With the last application I had the thought of separating the cinnamon and oat aspects of this mask. Some mind of cinnamon paste to get the burning-scar fixing effects and then some kind of oat rinse to then get more anti-inflammatory benefits. I didn't actually do that, but it would be worth further experimentation.

Now to get a little more into the Before and After. (My favorite part!)


So, some things got better, but there are some new spots. In general I'd say my face felt better, but I think I attribute that more to the healing benefits of the Whole30 than to the mask. My face would be even better if I were to stick with that program or at least cut more sugar out of my usual diet because I think that is the main trigger for my acne.  The mask just added a feeling of having more toned skin and tightened pores directly after the applications.

Fortunately I've mastered makeup enough to be able to hide all the spots I end up with. So I can still look amazing when I feel like it. Thanks to Dressing Your Truth, I feel like "putting my face on" more than you would think for a stay-at-home mom who doesn't really go anywhere during the week. That is not the only reason to feel and look pretty. But this is not the place for that particular soap box.

2 comments:

  1. You look amazing! Not just your skin but I can tell your face looks slimmer too! Way to go Heather!

    ReplyDelete