About Me

Friday, September 9, 2016

Face Mapping and Why I'm Doing a Whole30


In my Bucket List post I talked about doing a Whole30 diet and I want to work on fixing my face as well. It turns out that these things go hand in hand.

Some time ago I found a link on Pintrest that piqued my interest because, like so many others, I have my troubles with acne and would love a cure of some kind to this ill. Face mapping seems to give a guide to underlining cause to one's spots.

I've seen a few different maps that say different parts of the face point to different bodily issues. But a theme arises. The very fact that it there is a connection between the face and distinct underlining causes tells me that simply dabbing various potions isn't going to do much on its own.

That is why I'm doing a round of the Whole30 diet right now.

(Note: I'm not affiliated with the Whole30 program directly. This is a free program that anyone can do on their own.)

The Whole30 diet in a nutshell:

Cut out all the psychologically unhealthy, hormone-unbalancing, gut-disrupting, inflammatory food groups for a full 30 days. Let your body heal and recover from whatever effects those foods may be causing. Push the “reset” button with your metabolism, systemic inflammation, and the downstream effects of the food choices you’ve been making. Learn once and for all how the foods you’ve been eating are actually affecting your day to day life, and your long term health.


I love this idea of hitting a reset button. And it's a button you can hit as often as you feel a need to do so. We did this once already back in February 2015 and I felt it was time to do it again. Mostly because my face has been giving me some rather red flags. I believe this linked to systemic inflammation.

Systemic inflammation is a condition where your immune system is constantly working to try to get to a baseline healthy state but is overworked so it can't put any focus on a variety of lifestyle-related diseases and conditions like:

high blood pressure • high cholesterol • type 1 diabetes • type 2 diabetes • asthma • allergies • sinus infections • hives • skin conditions • endometriosis • PCOS • infertility • migraines • depression • bipolar disorder • heartburn • GERD • arthritis • joint pain • ADD • thyroid dysfunction • Lyme disease • fibromyalgia • chronic fatigue • lupus • leaky gut syndrome • Crohn’s • IBS • Celiac disease • diverticulitis • ulcerative colitis 

The list really goes on and on. This is also known as "silent inflammation" because we don't usually know what to "listen" for. But since systemic inflammation starts in the gut and then goes everywhere the blood stream goes, it makes sense that the whole body can be affected in different ways. 

And that's why, according to face mapping, I have spots all over my face right now. 

I was already planning to do a Whole30 back in May. That was before our travels in June and then the rest of our summer activities. After eating more junk than I'd like to admit, my face feels like it has been exploding. 

We are only a week and a half into our 30 days (40 with the Reintroduction phase) and I'm still waiting for my face to be fully clear. At least I've seen fewer new spots appear.  
It isn't an easy diet, to be sure, but it is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment